Email Delivery & Platform Manager @ YP – San Francisco, CA – 08-07-2012
Email Delivery & Platform Manager @ YP
Join our dedicated and talented team of individuals all focused on creating the best products in the marketplace. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Email Delivery & Platform Manager in our San Francisco or Glendale, CA offices.
We are a lean and mean team, working cross-functionally to build best-in-class email Solutions and engaging email campaigns. We’re looking for someone who is excited about building powerful business results via email, who knows the ins/outs of email marketing, and who knows or can learn the technologies that support it. The ideal candidate will have previously worked with email, databases, HTML, scripting languages, and delivery strategies & tactics. Project/product management and other leadership skills are a big plus.
You must be comfortable wearing multiple hats and possess a variety of skills. The primary responsibility of this role is the production of, and the management of transactional and marketing email campaigns from inception through post campaign analysis. Your tasks may include interpreting product specifications for Emails, implementation of triggering logic for life-cycle emails, database segmentation, deliverability monitoring and more. You may interface with Development and Product teams to extend the existing infrastructure to meet new product and marketing needs.
You should have many of the following:
- Knowledge of SMTP, SPF, DKIM and other technologies needed to effectively send commercial email
- Understanding of the different RFCs for email what they are meant to define
- Understanding of the issues surrounding deliverability to major ISPs
- Knowledge of the important ISP players for email delivery, white-listing, feedback loops and other email delivery programs
- Familiarity with email RBL’s
- Experience with Email Marketing tools (Lyris, Strongmail, Responsys, or similar)
- Solid database skills to query and segment data
- Scripting language skills
- Experience with Unix platforms and shells
- Understanding of the differences in HTML coding for email as opposed to web pages
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, excellent customer service and communication skills
- Good project management skills
- Have significant work experience in an internet related field
- BA/BS in technology or related field, or equivalent experience
Other post by this Author