Email Systems Analyst @ macys.com – San Francisco, CA – 05-03-2012
Email Systems Analyst @ macys.com
The Email Systems Analyst is part of the Marketing Systems team responsible for the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of robust, flexible and powerful marketing CRM solutions set. This individual primarily supports Email Marketing and Analytic functions of Macys.com Marketing by working with Macys.com CRM data mart and systems. This individual is responsible for the day-to-day operational activities and help in the execution process of enhancements to the email marketing programs by performing the roles of system analyst, system administrator, data auditor, issue investigator and business implementation support. This individual has a good understanding of Email, CRM or outbound marketing applications and processes. Proven experience of working with large analytical data warehouse, strong SQL expertise to investigate data issues and resolutions skills is a must. Understanding of database design and dimensional data model & development experience in information system solutions that meet business objectives is essential. The candidate has strong communication skills to interact effectively with the business user group to provide system support and understand user requirements. Well communicable in a multi- groups environment to provide the desired marketing business deliverables. The candidate should be experienced in system and process documentation and issue tracking workflows. The position requires familiarity with working on UNIX/Linux, shell or any scripting languages, data transformation & ETL concepts, managing & manipulating large files, file transfers & loading, getting around in a backend server platform are desirable. Experience working with BI tools and usage is an added plus.
- Support the email marketing functions on a day-to-day basis to ensure smooth functioning of email deployment activities.
- Support the marketing analytic team by facilitating data coverage for ad-hoc requests and help in resolving in any data related issues.
- Work with the Macys operations team to fulfill related business user needs and to resolve any system related issues.
- Identify and isolate data issues, provide resolution by engaging self or other related technology groups.
- Support the ad-hoc data exchange needs from internal and external technology and business partners.
- Work with Epiphany support team by logging support cases, communicating the progress to the Epiphany tech lead in the resolution process for any Epiphany software related issues.
- Use the Macys.com issue tracking / task management tools to create and manage the issues & document the resolution or outcome of a business requirement task.
- Work with the business users to understand business requirements and assist the business analyst in the requirement gathering and functional specification process.
- Indulge in the software development methodology process by documenting the business use cases and acceptance criteria & assisting the program managers helping assessing the work estimates and test scenarios.
- Document test cases and engage business users in acceptance test plan execution and help facilitating end-user training activities.
- Work with Epiphany tech lead to ensure CRM data reliability and integrity & contribute in Epiphany subject matter related projects.
Other post by this Author