@eMailRadio presents the Social Media Show with @jaybaer & @djwaldow
Let’s put a bee in your bonnet about social media!
#eMailRadio presents the Social Media Show
Tuesday, January 25 @ 1 PM EST with live guests and leading industry advisors
Jay Baer is President of Convince & Convert. His blog (www.convinceandconvert.com) is ranked as one of the world’s top 20 marketing resources. Jay’s clients have included 25 of the Fortune 1000. Since 1994 Jay founded five companies and consulted for more than 700 brands on a variety of digital marketing and social media initiatives. He is co-author of the new book The NOW Revolution: 7 Shifts to Make Your Business Faster, Smarter, and More Social (www.nowrevolutionbook.com). In their November 2010 issue, Fast Company Magazine called Jay Baer one of the three top social media consultants in America. The digital agency he founded in 2000 – Mighty Interactive – was named Arizona’s best online firm five years in a row.
DJ Waldow is the Director of Community at Blue Sky Factory, an ESP based in Baltimore. With over 4 years of experience in email marketing, DJ is active on Twitter (@djwaldow), on blogs (www.blog.blueskyfactory.com), and in social media. He’s an administrator and regular contributor to the Email Marketers Club and other eMail-related social networks. DJ resides in Salt Lake City, Utah, where he thinks, eats, and breathes email.
#eMailRadio host Jeff Ginsberg will get Jay and DJ to answer your questions as they talk about the social media issues that bug them the most!
What bugs Jay, DJ and Jeff ?
- People focus on doing social, not being social
- Companies think social media are fast
- Companies treat social media like an entree, not an ingredient
- Companies use poor metrics like followers/fans to guide social media decisions
- People ask what’s new and hot, instead of worrying about how to do the current stuff better
- Use of social media is a lot harder than it looks
- Social media development is not really free
- Nobody told me it would take this much time out of my day
- One wrong tweet could really hurt
- Businesses try too hard in all the wrong places
- Bad tequila
Don’t miss a valuable LIVE hour with experts in
the email industry! Listen, chat, and call in!
This #eMailRadio broadcast is your chance for 60 minutes of great social media advice from some of the email marketing industry’s very best: Jay Baer and DJ Waldow.
Jay and DJ will give you the best buzz in the biz!
Tuesday, Jan. 25 @ 1 PM EST on #eMailRadio
Joining the live #eMailRadio show is easy! Just follow one of these three methods:
- Call 347-637-3461.
- Skype – Click on the link provided when we are live.
- Register with BlogTalkRadio to participate in the live chat room while the broadcast is in process.
Step 1: go to www.blogtalkradio.com/emailradio
Step 2: click on the upper right-hand corner Sign In
Step 3: click on Register Now! and create a BlogTalkRadio account or link to Facebook
Got a question to send to #eMailRadio in advance?
Send it to: email@example.com.
Can’t dial in on Tuesday?
You can download the podcast at www.blogtalkradio.com\emailradio or listen to it on iTunes by clicking on the iTunes icon in the BlogTalkRadio player.
Other post by this Author