ExactTarget – ‘Tis The Season for Sending Emails, Part 1
Florists approaching Valentine’s Day… hotels and airlines as summer vacation nears… and perhaps most notably, retailers between Black Friday and Cyber Monday. There are parts of every year where email sends spike for certain businesses. This is even more pronounced for niche companies who only send during one particular time of the year.
There’s no denying it: seasonal senders face unique deliverability challenges. If you’re one of them, understanding these challenges is the first step to making the most out of your busy season.
In Part 1 of this three-part series, we’ll explore these unique challenges. Then in Part 2 and Part 3, we’ll offer some tips and guidelines to help seasonal senders hit the inbox!
- Lack of recent sending history from a particular IP address often results in severe rate limits at ISPs the moment heavy email traffic starts coming from it. For companies blasting to their subscribers out of the blue, this almost always raises red flags at the other end of the email pipe.
We saw this post and thought we would share it with you.
Want to check out the who’s who and what’s what of email marketing?
Read The Buzz
- Profile: Jeff Ginsberg has 17+ years’ experience and is an industry known authority on email marketing who gets in the trenches with clients and helps them fulfill their marketing objectives, increase revenue and brand engagement.
Clients rely on him and his team at The eMail Company to provide them with expertise from strategy to technology and from campaign management to channel integration.
Jeff has worked with clients across all spectrums in the financial, automotive, retail and consumer packaged goods space. His experience covers both B2B and B2C markets.
He has a strong background in educating and training agencies and clients about email best practices and is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to marketing tools and vendor selection.
While Jeff’s team may be small, they know how to solve BIG email marketing problems.
Looking for help with your next campaign? Don’t be afraid to give him a call – Jeff and his team ready to help you today.
Give me a call:
Toll Free: 877-We-eMail (877-933-6245)
- Website: http://www.theemailguide.com
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/theemailguide
- LinkedIn: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/chiefemailofficer
Other post by this Author