MarketingSherpa – B2B Tactics: Maximizing marketing efforts in a tough economy
The current global economy has been a tough place for quite some time, and this week’s events on Wall Street aren’t providing any reassurance that things will pick up any time soon. Throw in a bleak forecast from the federal government, and it’s enough to make a marketer wonder which way to turn.
Jen Doyle, Senior Research Manager, MarketingSherpa, and I had a recent chat on this very subject. She offered some advice to help focus marketing efforts, even when resources are tight.
It all begins with the lead …
Tight resources include time, staffing and budgets, and Jen says, “Because of this, the quick fix is sought after. The truth is, in order to get results and convert modern buyers in a struggling economy, we have to address the full spectrum of the funnel.”
She offered six big picture tactics to help uncover and convert new prospects:
- Adapt a customer-centric approach
- Identify compelling value propositions that resonate and convert
- Deliver content and messaging through an optimal mix of lead gen tactics
- Continually test your efforts
- Adapt to an evolving marketplace
- Embrace sales conversion as a Sales and Marketing responsibility, and support it with funnel optimization strategies
Want to check out the who’s who and what’s what of email marketing?
Read The Buzz.
Other post by this Author