10k Twitter followers: Six simple tips to get you there

10k Twitter followers: Six simple tips to get you there

We just passed 10,000 Twitter followers! Wow!
Thank you for following us and being a part of The eMail Guide community!

After much consideration, we have come to the conclusion that we can’t fit 10,000 people in our office for a party and the local party store doesn’t have 10,000 treat bags to give away either. Instead, we’ll do what we do best and share 6 simple Twitter tips that have been key to our success.

The eMail Guide’s six simple Twitter tips:

Tools
Obviously we can’t do it all alone. We use Tweet adder to automatically follow like-minded people on Twitter. This has definitely been a main component in gaining the 10k follower mark for us! We also use TweetDeck to monitor and tweet because it’s free, easy and intuitive. Tools such as Tweet adder and TweetDeck are extremely important, but how you use those tools is key.

Sincerity
People can sniff out insincerity on Twitter better than a shark can smell a drop of blood in the ocean. If people think you are not sincere, you’ll either be eaten alive or worse, ignored.

Engagement
Not every interaction on Twitter will be positive and we’ve discovered that even a negative tweet (not that we get those) is an opportunity to win over new people and gain followers. The important thing is to engage people and let them know you are paying attention and value their opinions. If they have an issue then find out what it is and offer them a clear path to a resolution.

Passion
If you really believe in what you do it will show and that might be the single most important advantage we’ve had in building The eMail Guide brand on Twitter.

Personality
Have fun and share an occasional story about yourself. I like people to know a little bit about the person behind the brand on Twitter and I’m convinced it helps build relationships and gain followers. Just be sure not to try too hard and never lose track of your primary focus for tweeting in the first place.

Appreciation
Show your appreciation for others tweeting about you! Tweet them back a TY and when they tweet something good, retweet it!

Takeaway: The right tools, sincerity, engagement, passion and personality are key factors in building a Twitter following.

Jeff Ginsberg

Jeff Ginsberg

20+ year email marketing veteran who wants to help NewBees BEEcome eMail Marketing Ninjas. Want to contribute to our blog? We are always looking for eMail Marketing Ninjas to come share their knowledge and help NewBees create and send better eMail messages.

Connect with: Jeff Ginsberg

• Lindy Howard
    February 1, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Are you @hugeheadca ?

Why is it that you only have 136 followers?

• Chief eMail Officer
      February 1, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Problem is Jim didn’t take his own advise. The article belongs to me and I have over 11K of followers.

Takes time and work but you can grow your twitter followers with hard work, good tweets and the help of technology.

• Lindy Howard
    February 1, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Are you @hugeheadca ?

Why is it that you only have 136 followers?

• Chief eMail Officer
      February 1, 2011 at 4:28 pm

• Josh McLaglen
    August 27, 2018 at 4:14 am

It is so difficult to be active for your followers when you have tons of work to do. I used to become so irritated that I sometimes thought of deleting my twitter account. One of my colleague told me about Wizugo [com] explaining as the best twitter automation tool one can have. So I tried it once for the very first time. This tool can help me in scheduling future posts that I want get tweeted from my account on my desired time. This tool made it so easy for me as now I can do whatever I need to do without thinking of anything related to twitter because WizUgo has got my back for it. Thanks to WizUgo for making my account successful.

• Josh McLaglen