Back-to-School Is Great Timing for All Email Marketers
Back-to-school is a sweet, ripe and low-hanging fruit for email marketers, no matter what you are selling. Consumers are geared up to shop and spend. Now is the time to take action and enjoy the rewards of the buying momentum. Smart and simple strategies can boost brand images, increase open rates and skyrocket transaction percentages.
It pays to do your homework on the research and tips available to back-to-school marketers. Here are six great resources:
- Not surprisingly, for each of the past three years, online searches that include “back to school” have increased. Learn more about what drives the email marketing school bus in The A,B,C’s of back-to-school email marketing trends today.
- Do you have “back-to-school” in the subject line of your emails? It can make a key difference in your conversions. Check out some A+ pointers in Hit the Books with Great Back-to-School Subject Lines.
- Every marketer can learn ways to grab some of the back-to-school buying momentum. This is an ideal time to stimulate customer interaction, to use lateral engagement strategies and to showcase your best merchandise. See how in Tips for an Effective Back-to-School Campaign.
- Want to see an example of great PR (read also, Parental Relations!)? At a time when budget cuts deeply affect the resources of parent-teacher associations, this email marketer describes how it is giving back to the community in Benchmark Email Goes Back to School by Sponsoring Free Email Marketing Plans for PTAs.
- Wondering how you can leverage social media to get the most from your back-to-school campaigns? Check out how others are using Facebook and Foursquare to do good things for students and for their brand images in 2 Brands Promote Social Goodwill for Back-to-School.
- The latest survey results from Deloitte show that back-to-school consumers are doing their homework and gearing up to spend where their dollars get the most value. They are using social networks and smartphones to become savvy shoppers. Read about this timely Deloitte report or study the survey directly to see how your campaigns can benefit.
Takeaway: Planning a back-to-school campaign that targets shopping-savvy and social-minded consumers is a smart way to benefit you and your email clients. Take advantage of this opportune time to boost your results and test new strategies for your marketing niche.