Why is an email relationship not like a marriage?

Marriage Symbol

Photo by avlyxz

Someone once told me that email relationships are like marriage proposals.

Once they give you their email address, you will be in this deep connected relationship similar to marriage.

I said, if that is true mine comes with a huge prenuptial agreement that’s triggered with an unsubscribe button.

PS: Please don’t make me flag you as SPAM!!!

Takeaway: Just because you have a ping does not mean you have a ring.

So, what do you think? Share your comments!

Jeff Ginsberg

Jeff Ginsberg

20+ year email marketing veteran who wants to help NewBees BEEcome eMail Marketing Ninjas. Want to contribute to our blog? We are always looking for eMail Marketing Ninjas to come share their knowledge and help NewBees create and send better eMail messages.

Connect with: Jeff Ginsberg

• Steve SimplyCast
    September 7, 2010 at 3:20 pm

I bet a lot of people wish an unsubscribe like that was true. Divorce lawyers would be out of business.

I don’t ever want to be in a deeply, committed email marketing relationship with any company, ever. Friendship is good.

• Chief eMail Officer
      September 8, 2010 at 8:49 am

Agree…I think a little to much weight has been put on the email relationship. Time to reassess who I am married to and who is my friend.

• Steve SimplyCast
    September 7, 2010 at 3:20 pm

• Chief eMail Officer
      September 8, 2010 at 8:49 am

• Crazyupload
    December 23, 2010 at 9:42 am

Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

• Crazyupload
    December 23, 2010 at 9:42 am

Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.