5 quick email list building ideas by Janine Popick @janinepopick
It can be hard to come up with fresh ideas on new ways to build your email marketing list each month, so here are 5 innovative ideas you can put to work for your business.
1. Sandwich Board – If you’ve got a retail location like The North Face (pictured), why not use that valuable sidewalk to advertise your newsletter sign up. Create an offer to get them in the store joining your list and you might make a sale along the way.
2. iPad – People are dying to the get their hands on an iPad these days so capitalize on it while the going is good. Offer a newsletter sign up at your location or event. Use an opt-in form to gather the email addresses. One of our customers Beth from Cinquain Cellars does this at her tasting room.
3. Receipts – While someone is signing their credit card receipt, why not ask them to include their email address on the receipt itself. Then at the end of the day, enter them into your account, and send them an email thanks for their purchase welcoming them to your list.
4. Networking – Set a goal for your networking events. Go to events and get 10-20 business cards and send them an email right away telling them it was a pleasure to meet them.
5. Give Privileged Access – Privileged access doesn’t have to only be “offer related” when it comes to giving something to your email newsletter subscribers. If you’ve got something that they want to see, then give them “subscriber only” access. If you’ve got a video feed, a white paper, or something special you can give access to, you can use that tactic to get more subscribers.
Takeaway: There’s no end to the different ways you can grow your email marketing list. Just take a look at what others are doing both online and in the real-world to grow their followers!
Other post by this Author