Litmus Report - 2020 State of Email Workflows
A peek behind the curtain of how everyone in marketing—from developers and designers to executives—create and analyze email campaigns.
What’s in the report…
This report is 32 pages of insight, detailing how email marketers are producing emails on the backend.
It answers questions like:
- How long is your production cycle?
- How do you code emails?
- What tools do you use?
- How do you test emails?
The bonus to all of this, Litmus spent a lot of time linking to valuable resources on their website. Each main section of this report has an educational component that gives you quick access to either read, watch or learn.
What I loved about it…
I loved the educational component. Not only does this report show you how you stack up against all the other BEEs out there, they give you the honey and resources of how to BEE a better email marketer.
What I wish it had…
Unless I missed it, there wasn’t enough data about the survey size and the makeup of the respondents.
I know they stated 2000+ email marketer, what I want to know is a bit more about these email marketers like:
- How many people in your company?
- How many people in your company focus on email marketing?
- How long have you been an email marketer?
- What email delivery tool are you using?
You know, the nuts and bolts about who these marketers were.
Who this report is for…
In my opinion, this report is more for eMail Marketing Ninjas for a couple of reasons.
1) This report mostly refers to email marketing teams and not the individual marketer. I tend to think that if you are part of a team, no matter the weakest link or newest marketer there has to be experience and investment to make a team run. Referring to the teams makes me think of well-honed programs and not struggling NewBees looking to send an email.
2) Although there are valuable resources for NewBees, I think that most email marketing NewBees struggle with just getting their stuff together and are not too concerned about how they compare to other BEEs.
The bottom line or takeaway…
The resources in this report are abundant and this is a great reference tool for any email marketer looking to gain insight as to how others are getting stuff done! It links to detailed how-to articles and videos and allows anyone to benchmark their efforts and to compare themselves year over year to the other email marketing BEEs in the industry.
Nice job Litmus!
Check out other State of Email Reports here: