This Week’s Challenge List Growth Strategies
Every week we post a challenge that encourages you to do something different when it comes to your email marketing campaigns in order to become a better email marketer.
This week’s challenge:
This week come up with five new list growth strategies to grow, promote, and integrate your email list. Consider using:
- Social media, such as Facebook, Linked-In, Twitter, etc.
- Your own email signature
- Print your sign-up link on a business card
- Automate your unsubscribe feature
- Make it easy/easier for subscribers to modify their preferences
- Move your sign-up box to a more strategic location
Why you should take the challenge:
Having a high quality email list outperforms most other marketing channels. Without continually building, growing, and working your list, your email response and engagement rates will begin to suffer.
How to test your results:
In testing your list growth strategies:
- Use specific URLs such as www.yourdomainname.com\?id=123
- Set up Google Analytics or any other web tracking software
- Build a basic calendar, mark down your experiments, and continually track your progress
- Look at the reports and have regular reviews of what is working and what is not
The eMail Guide challenges you to take what you learn and apply it to your email campaigns moving forward. New tactics are best examined through the eyes of your subscribers. So take the challenge and strengthen your email list.
Thrilled with your results or want to show off what you learned about the best sources for your list growth? Send us a link to the results you want to share and we’ll post them here. Show us what’s working for you.